Optio brings together the expertise and specialisms of Northcourt Limited, Brockwell, Capital, Cove Programs and Optio Europe Limited. Together, our companies provide comprehensive insurance products, underwriting services and broking.
The Compliance Analyst will support the Group Compliance Officer on a range of day-to-day compliance duties, to ensure Optio continues to meet its regulatory obligations across the globe.
Responsibility & Accountability
To assist the Group Compliance Officer with the following:
- Monitoring compliance with FCA, Lloyd’s and other applicable regulations.
- Review and distribution of TOBAs.
- Implementation of the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Reviewing any material incidents or potential breaches.
- Assist the Group Compliance Officer with Optio’s obligations under the SM&CR, including any required FCA applications.
- Ensuring appropriate internal compliance systems and controls are in place for the scale and complexity of the business.
- Ensuring compliance functions, policies and procedures are in place to meet regulatory requirements.
- Preparing Compliance Reports.
- Ensuring all business and regulatory deadlines are met on time.
- Assisting in the completion of other ad hoc tasks as may be required.
- Assistance with sanctions queries.
Skill and Ability
- 1-2 years of compliance experience in the London Insurance market
- Knowledge of sanctions regimes and international licensing
- Understanding of Terms of Business Agreements (TOBAs)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills to enable communication at all levels.
- Strong analytical, research and reporting skills
- Ability to manage a varied workload and competing priorities.
- Knowledge of the regulatory landscape for London Market insurers and brokers – including FCA and Lloyd’s
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Has personal drive and resilience in established and new/changing situations.
- A team player with strong interest in the performance of the business as a whole
- Professionalism and strong, personal integrity
Education & Qualifications
- CII preferable – completed or working towards completion.