1st Line Support Technician
Optio brings together the expertise and specialisms of Northcourt Limited, Brockwell Capital, Cove Programs and Optio Europe Limited. Together, our companies provide comprehensive insurance products, underwriting services and broking.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team at our offices in London. We are currently recruiting a 1st Line Support Technician to join our busy team.
This role will be the first point of contact within our Technology Support function and will be responsible for triaging all initial calls to either be solved or escalated where appropriate, supporting both general IT issues and our various business facing applications.
It is an ideal opportunity for any candidate with a keen interest in technology and problem solving to get hands on experience over a broad variety of areas, including Microsoft applications, IT infrastructure & security, as well as liaising with software development teams.
Responsibility & Accountability
- Escalation procedures, promptly allocating unresolved calls as appropriate. Maintaining the log and advising customers of actions taken
- Ensuring that tickets logged are addressed within our agreed SLAs
- Gaining a sound understanding of Optio’s specific business applications and the impact of any failure/problems
- Building out our knowledge base for commonly occurring issues
- User account setup and user maintenance
- Daily checks
- Printer cartridge replacements
Skills and Ability
- Articulate and effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Organised and methodical
- Demonstrates initiative and anticipates needs
- Ability to understand the needs of customers, and keep them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
Education and qualifications
The ideal candidate would have prior experience in the following:
- Experience in Technical Support/Customer Service
- Experience supporting Microsoft applications
- Familiarity with Jira Service Desk or other similar ticketing system
- Azure Fundamentals is a nice to have, but not essential.